I have practiced as a psychotherapist and counsellor since 1997, working with adults, young people, groups and couples.
I have worked to support and develop people for over 25 years starting with my time as a youth and community development worker, when I worked with young people and adults for 8 years. In this time I also trained, developed and mentored staff, both individuals and teams.
My experience includes:
- 16 years of working both in-depth, long-term and medium and shorter-term with men, women and young people
- 18 years experience of working with young people and adults with drug addictions.
- 2 years at a Rape Crisis Centre counselling female survivors of rape and sexual abuse including teenagers
- 3 years as an associate counsellor at a psychotherapy centre, working with adult men and women.
- 11 years as an adult and young person’s counsellor for a charity working within the community and in schools with young people and with adults, many of whom were experiencing deep distress.
- Setting up and managing a counselling service for a charity, which focusses on supporting vulnerable adults and young people.
- Working with a range of organisations to deliver workplace counselling for their staff.
- Supervision of a team of counsellors and of the organisation’s management team
CTA (Certified Transactional Analyst -Psychotherapy)
MA Transactional Analysis (completed in the summer of 2013 after 6 years of study)
BA (hons) Counselling Studies
Diploma in Transactional Analysis (3 years in training)
Certificate in Counselling